Thursday, October 10, 2013

Stay at Home Moms

An interesting article about stay at home moms.
As a educator I find this to be an fascinating and beautiful perspective. I do not have children of my own so I can't speak from personal experience but I can speak about what I have seen through others. One of my sisters home-schools her 5 kids and rarely have I seen such well balanced, well mannered, and wonderful children. (Note- I might be a little biased as I am their aunt.)
Matt Walsh brings out many great points about the importance of motherhood while not saying that it is wrong for mothers to work. Some highlights:

- Motherhood used to be deified and now it is seen as a "disease"
- Mom- the most important role, you cannot be "replaced" the way you can be on a job
- For moms to spend as little time as possible with their kids should not be considered an "ideal"

But really, the article is much better written than my 2 cents and worth a read:

http://themattwalshblog.com/2013/10/09/youre-a-stay-at-home-mom-what-do-you-do-all-day/

No comments:

Post a Comment